"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in
its net of wonder forever."—Jacques Cousteau

Jan. 22 - Marathon, FL

Sombrero Resort & Marina

“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” ―Ralph Waldo Emerson

It was a busy day in paradise...at least for me. We had a picnic with fellow MTOA members yesterday and I found out they play Mahjong on Friday by our pool...the problem with that is, I don't know how to play. No problem here at Camp Marathon, there's always someone around to help. There were several other ladies who also wanted to learn, so Nancy from Sea Angel gave us a lesson this morning. We all had a wonderful time and I look forward to playing again.

After a quick lunch break it was time to go to the City Marina to the pine needle basket weaver’s group. I'm definitely a beginner at this too. Some of these ladies have produced wonderful pieces of art. It's a very creative medium. The basket I'm working on now won't be my last.

As you can see I was gone most of the day, so I'm not sure what the Captain was doing all day, but the highlight of our day was the arrival of our friends on Gallivant. We look forward to spending time with them, but we are sad that our friends on Amici couldn't make it down this winter. We will definitely miss them, but when we’re all together again will be a special time and a great celebration.

Part of the MTOA group enjoying a fun picnic at Sombrero Beach
Examples of pine needle baskets
The beginning of my basket
At Dockside having fun with friends...Susie, Stan, Pam and Donny

No comments:

Post a Comment