"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in
its net of wonder forever."—Jacques Cousteau

Jan. 11 - Marathon, FL

Sombrero Resort & Marina

“Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on the shore and merely existed?” –Hunter S. Thompson

It was another beautiful day in paradise. It was such a pretty day that we decided to pack a picnic lunch and the fishing gear and head out in the dinghy. We took Sister's Creek up to Sombrero Beach and then out into the Atlantic to a small island. I could have done a little snorkeling but I didn't think about bringing my gear with me...maybe next time. Stan did a little halfhearted fishing and then we headed back to the boat to watch the Cowboy game.

While Stan watched the game, I went to the pool. It amazes me that no one at this marine/resort use the pool. I've never seen more than a couple of people at the pool and I think they are resort guests, not boaters. It's a large well kept pool; large enough to swim laps and no one is ever around. It's like I have my own private pool.

After the game we headed out to the Sunset Grille to watch the sunset. It has a wonderful location overlooking the Seven Mile Bridge, the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico. We met our friends Gail and Larry off Room With A View for drinks and dinner. We definitely enjoyed our evening with a view. It was a perfect ending to a great day in paradise.

Our little picnic spot...look we do get clouds here in paradise!
Coming in Sister's Creek towards Boot Key Harbor
Scenes from Sunset Grille
Dinner with friends - Susie, Gail, Larry and Stan
The perfect ending to a wonderful day

No comments:

Post a Comment