"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in
its net of wonder forever."—Jacques Cousteau

April 28 - St. Michaels, MD

Meghan’s Bay Shower
San Domingo Creek – Anchorage

It’s days like today that really make me miss being home...I truly miss our family and friends. Today was my niece’s baby shower. She is having twin boys in August (maybe July) and her sister, Heather, gave her an amazing party to celebrate. From the pictures I’ve seen it looks like they had a great time. I’ve always been one of those Aunts who is there for everything…I feel I let her down and I know I missed a wonderful time, filled with laughter and fun.

Our day here was cold and dreary…that didn’t make me feel better about missing the party! The good thing about today was the lack of wind, so we took the opportunity to cross the Chesapeake to St. Michaels. We loved our time there last fall and wanted to see a few more things. We stopped at the public dock in Solomons for a free pump out and filled our water tanks before we left. The bay was full of fishing boats, large and small. Our crossing was smooth and uneventful, but COLD. The anchorage was empty except for one sailboat…I guess it’s a little early here for weekend cruising. Tomorrow is predicted to be clear and warmer, well if you consider warmer being 65 degrees…better than 50 and cloudy! I know real spring will be here…someday.

I sure hope Hunter and Jacob aren't this big when they get here!
Meghan, the beautiful mother to be
Messages for the boys
What a cute diaper cake

2 comments:

  1. You two are so close! I've started following you both (my wife says I'm stalking lol) last year and have been looking forward to your journey this year. We're across the Bay at Herrington Harbour South in Herring Bay. We have an Albin 36.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice to hear from followers. We looked your harbour up...looks like a nice place. We will be hanging close to this area for a couple of weeks. We are meeting our son and his wife in Annapolis on May 11.

      Delete