"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in
its net of wonder forever."—Jacques Cousteau

May 5 - Jacksonville, FL

Lamb's Yacht Center

“When my toes are sunk into warm sand and the ocean is lapping my feet, when I breathe in the scent of salt and hear the cry of a seagull, I know that I am returned to a place of restoration. I am home. I can heal here.” ―Toni Sorenson

Our wonderful relaxing river cruise came to an end by lunch today. We spent a quiet morning enjoying the peace and quiet a Monday brings to the water...everyone was back at work. We had a picture perfect day for our cruise into Jacksonville, cool temperatures and light winds. We were fueled up and pumped out and in the shade of our new slip at Lamb's Yacht Center by noon. We'll be here for about five weeks doing a few projects and redoing a little teak and then we'll head back to Texas for the birth of our second grand wonder. Our new temporary home doesn't have much of a view, but we're undercover and that will keep us cooler while we work on projects.

Right after lunch I went to Wal-Mart for groceries and needed supplies, by the time I returned Stan had removed the bimini and stainless rub rails on the handrails…The Pearl looked a little sad, but a new coat of varnish and she'll be looking even better than before. It’s amazing how fast you can go from relaxed cruiser to maintenance crew...oh well, living on a boat can’t always be fun. Even we have to work sometime, but the next few weeks won’t be all work, we will go and have a little fun too.

Our only company today on the water
Coming back into Jacksonville 
Looking back at the Ortega Bridge and Jacksonville 
The Pearl...looking a little sad 
We will have a little morning sun...so we won't be totally in the dark! 

No comments:

Post a Comment