"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in
its net of wonder forever."—Jacques Cousteau

Feb. 13 - Galentine's Day

Sombrero Resort & Marina

I found out this morning that today was Galentine's Day...I bet you don't know what that is. I know I didn't until this morning. Galentine's Day is held on February 13 and is a holiday celebrating female friendships. The day was actually created by Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler) on the NBC comedy show Parks and Recreation, but it sounds like a good idea to me. So...what better way to spend the day than on a road trip to Key West with just the girls. A friend of my friend Pam asked if we'd like to spend the day in Key West and of course we said yes.

We spent the day looking through the shops and galleries and enjoying a relaxed lunch at Garbo's Grill. It's actually a lunch wagon located just off Duval St. and is associated with a small bar called Grunts. Just half a dozen tables or so in a peaceful little courtyard. I had yum yum shrimp tacos...they were yummy! I'd say it was a successful trip since I found two prints to hang in the stateroom on our Hatteras.

We spent the evening at a local place called Burdine's listening to music and enjoying the company of our new friend Diane. The music, the company, the sunset and the food were great, but the cold temperature and north wind chased us home a little early. It’s going to be in the low 50s by morning...we might have to turn the heater on. We can't even hide from winter in the Keys! It looks like we'll have one more day in the 60s and then it should start warming up. We're looking forward to that.

Grunts patio where we had lunch
Garbo's Grill lunch wagon
My Yum Yum Shrimp Tacos
Burdine's Patio...it has a great view
Entertainment tonight was by Joe Mama
and the sun

1 comment:

  1. Never heard of Galentines Day. Love it. A great idea, and well celebrated.

    ReplyDelete