"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in
its net of wonder forever."—Jacques Cousteau

June 23 - Mystic, CT

Brewers Yacht Yard

Today was a down day, a lazy Sunday...well maybe not too lazy. I finally had a chance to do laundry, first time since Great Bridge, 29 days ago! You really can't appreciate how wonderful it is to have everything clean unless you've lived without a washer and dryer for awhile. I never gave it much thought when I had the luxury of throwing a load in anytime I wanted. We also rode our bikes to the grocery store and picked up a few things. The rest of the afternoon we just relaxed and watched the boats and trains go by. Our other big outing was riding back into Mystic for dinner at the Pizzetta. It was a pretty laid back day.

There are lighthouses everywhere in Long Island Sound and New England. Since leaving New York City we've seen 4-5 a day. Sometimes they are too far away to get a decent picture, but sometimes we go past ones that would be hard for the non-boater to see. I didn't take pictures of all the lighthouses we saw in the beginning of our travels...unfortunately. I’m trying to keep track of them better this year. I think we're up to 98 now. It would take up too much space on this blog to post a picture of everyone we see, but I do have them in an online album if anyone is interested. Here is the link to my Lighthouse album.

North Dumpling Lighthouse built in 1871, located in Long Island Sound on Fisher Island, NY
Latimer Reef Lighthouse built in 1884, located in Fisher Island Sound, NY
Stonington Harbor Lighthouse built in 1840, located in Stonington, CT 

No comments:

Post a Comment