"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in
its net of wonder forever."—Jacques Cousteau

April 30 – St. Michaels, MD

Slow Day
San Domingo Creek – Anchorage

Some days on the boat are not exciting…no matter how hard you try to make them. There are days when there really isn’t much to do…days when the weather is lousy and there is nowhere to go. We had such wonderful weather last year, I think we might have gotten a little spoiled…I’m hoping this cloudy, dreary weather isn’t a trend for our whole cruising season. I guess cloudy won’t be bad once the temperatures warm up. Locals say this has been a very strange year…warm winter weather and now cold spring temperatures. Our excitement today was going back to town to do a little shopping. The first thing we needed to do was find me a pair of shoes that would be warmer than the ones I brought with me, then we picked up a few things at the grocery store. The rest of the day was spent doing little things around the boat…good thing for our little mifi; we would be extremely bored on days like today without the Internet. I also spent a little time playing with my pictures on Photoshop…that can entertain me for hours. Homemade rolls and potato soup for dinner was the best thing about the day.

St. Michaels really is a cute little town
Dinner

7 comments:

  1. Susie,

    Other than a slight typo on the second one, I continue to enjoy your efforts on Photoshop. Remember, a Rainy day on the Chesapeake is better than a lot of days elsewhere...at least in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did mess up on that one...I'll have to fix that! Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Do you know where you will be this Saturday? (5/5) We're planning on going to Grasonville (Kent Is.) and staying at Mears Point Marina but we've also been toying with St. Mike's. If you haven't done the Wye River yet, I highly recommend that. Dividing Creek is really nice! Hope to meet you both one of these days.

    Rob & Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. We plan on moving back across the bay tomorrow to Harness Creek near Quiet Waters Park. Not real sure where we'll be for the weekend. Hanging out close to Annapolis somewhere. Our son is coming in next week and we don't want to get stuck on the Eastern Shore. Although it is my favorite area we have visited. I just love it here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twinbeaches...is that the name of your boat? If not I would l like to know the name so we can keep an eye out for you on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't think you two would stay in one place too long. :) Harness Creek is nice. We've been there twice. A friend of mine has a beautiful house on the creek -- his boat's name is Vitamin Sea. If you want a good place to eat, Yellowfin Steak & Seafood is excellent! Half price appetizers ranging from sushi to lobster mac 'n cheese. You can dock at Liberty Marina and walk under the Rt. 2 bridge. Across from Liberty Marina is Coconut Joes if you want to enjoy being outside at a tiki bar.

    The name of our boat is Ka'Why Knot (we 'tied the knot' in Kauai). Hope to see you one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advise...we'll probably check them out in the next few days. Love the name of your boat. Kauai is one of our favorite places...Hanalei Bay is my heaven on earth! I have a blog for that trip too. My email is bayoubabies@gmail.com...if you have any other good advise, we would love to hear from you. Hope we can see you on the water one of these days too...if not this spring, maybe next fall on our return trip.

      Delete