"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in
its net of wonder forever."—Jacques Cousteau

Mar. 28 – Fort Walton Beach, FL

Day 22 – Beautiful Beach
The Boat Marina & Boatyard

We rented a car this morning and ran a few errands. Stan had things he needed to get from West Marine and Lowes, and we needed a few groceries so we went to Wal-Mart. They seem to have better prices than Publix (Florida’s version of HEB). After we finished our work…we drove to Destin. We parked at Harbor Walk Village and had a nice lunch at Harry T’s. The view from the deck over the harbor and channel to the Gulf of Mexico was breathtaking. The pictures I took don't do the water justice…they just don’t seem to capture the true color.   

After lunch we walked along the harbor and then went to the beach…I can truly say I have never seen a prettier beach, and I love the beaches in Kauai. The color of the water is unbelievable and the sand is so white. It was a beautiful site and we had a wonderful day. 

Our lunch view over the channel to the Gulf
View from Harbor Walk Village
Harbor Walk Village
Stan on one of Destin's beaches
Beautiful water
Toes in the sand....very fine white sand

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Beautiful water, I think you DID capture the color quite well. Sounds like I need to put Fort Walton Beach on my "must sees!" Especially since you compared it to Kauai, one of my favorite beach islands.

    ReplyDelete